So in news, as some of you know I have been busing moving my whole life from the West Coast to the East Coast. I just arrived last night and am getting over my travel fatigue and trying to get my life in some sort of order.
Anyway while I was traveling a couple of pieces of writing of mine were published and I wanted to let y’all know about them!
Firstly my flash piece “Culture House” (which was originally published in Eleven Eleven) has been collected in The Best Small Fictions 2017 which was released just a few days ago! The 2017 edition was edited by Amy Hempel while the series editor is Tara L. Masih and you should pick it up!
Secondly my review of the delightful Martha Wells’ novel The Harbors of the Sun (the final book in the Books of the Raksura series) was published by Strange Horizons. You should check that out as well.
Also check this space out for more updates and announcements of projects I have in the planning stages right now.
I should be getting the galleys for The Root very soon! So excited/nervous/scared!
February is going to be very busy:
1. My pitch for a RPG short story anthology was accepted! Don’t want to give too much detail until the contract is all signed and stuff but I loved this RPG as a teen and still own a couple of the sourcebooks
2. POC Destroy SF – Deadline 2/19. I’m working on a short story to send in, thinking about working on a flash to submit as well
3. Got an invitation to submit to a speculative poetry online magazine! (My poetry page will be going up soon)
4. Pank! – I love them and want to submit something before they close on 2/15
1. I’ve been asked to go back to my grad school and speak to a class which is so amazing and humbling because I remember so clearly sitting in those classes and looking at the people coming in to speak and thinking – one day.
2. I will be co-hosting a reading called Black Love in an Francisco – more details to come
3. I will once again be competing in Write Club SF! on 2/16 at the Make Out Room in San Francisco. I’m hoping to take home a third trophy.
4. Storytelling @ Awaken in Oakland. This is my very first like ‘storytelling’ event so fingers crossed. Also winners get paid and I love when you can make money doing what you love.
5. I am once again doing Perverts Put Out
Novels in Progress
The Matchmaker – my standalone retelling of Job
The Tree – Second in my Wrath & Athenaeum
2016 is here and thank go because 2015 was…I wanna say a piece of shit but some really positive things happened to me in 2015. There were just some really negative things too.
Here’s to 2016 leaning more on the positive side! And to my new website/blog!