I should be getting the galleys for The Root very soon! So excited/nervous/scared!
February is going to be very busy:
1. My pitch for a RPG short story anthology was accepted! Don’t want to give too much detail until the contract is all signed and stuff but I loved this RPG as a teen and still own a couple of the sourcebooks
2. POC Destroy SF – Deadline 2/19. I’m working on a short story to send in, thinking about working on a flash to submit as well
3. Got an invitation to submit to a speculative poetry online magazine! (My poetry page will be going up soon)
4. Pank! – I love them and want to submit something before they close on 2/15
1. I’ve been asked to go back to my grad school and speak to a class which is so amazing and humbling because I remember so clearly sitting in those classes and looking at the people coming in to speak and thinking – one day.
2. I will be co-hosting a reading called Black Love in an Francisco – more details to come
3. I will once again be competing in Write Club SF! on 2/16 at the Make Out Room in San Francisco. I’m hoping to take home a third trophy.
4. Storytelling @ Awaken in Oakland. This is my very first like ‘storytelling’ event so fingers crossed. Also winners get paid and I love when you can make money doing what you love.
5. I am once again doing Perverts Put Out
Novels in Progress
The Matchmaker – my standalone retelling of Job
The Tree – Second in my Wrath & Athenaeum